Search Bliss n Tell

Friday, August 6, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Grilled Watermelon salad

Photobucket

Okay, I NEVER thought I would be a fan of watermelon salad. I mean I frowned upon the people who put salt on their watermelon... it made no sense to me. But, Summer = watermelon according to me and my kids. We all love it. And, it's a staple in the fridge in the summer. So, today I decided to go for it.. my way, and people, my way is by far awesome.
I substitute Agave nectar rather than Olive oil. If you have not tried Agave give it a try. I promised you this blog would have healthy recipes and Agave is very good for you... Beauty Boost: Agave is low in calories and gives a nice sweetness. You can use it as you would any sugar, and it is all natural. I am not a fan of fake sugar! Okay, back to the salad.. It's something about the sweetness of the balsamic vinegar in combination with the Agave nectar and the salty bite of the feta cheese. The freshness of the mint and the grilled yet juicy watermelon. I tell you, you have to give it a try... you may or may not like it but it's worth that salty sweet bite. It's bliss I tell you.

Grilled Watermelon Salad
Nicole Kraft
Blissntell

Ingredients:
1/2 seedless watermelon, cut in squares ( thick so it will stand up to the grilling)
Blue Agave
Kosher salt
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 half block feta cheese crumbled
mint leaves

Directions:
Slice the watermelon in squares

Photobucket

Brush watermelon with Agave and place on a medium hot indoor grill pan

Photobucket


Meanwhile, on medium heat, bring the balsamic vinegar to a simmer until it reduces into a syrup...PhotobucketPhotobucket
DELISH! Happy Summer!

1 comment:

Alleen said...

Pineapples are also GREAT on the grill. Love the Agave (Costco best place to buy it).

Cheers!!

Post a Comment