Search Bliss n Tell

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

classroom treats




By the end of this month, spring, I am going to be baked out! I have 4 birthdays between now and April.. them I'm off till October :) for birthdays that is, not for baking! My daughter turns 8 on Saturday. So, here is the line up.. Thursday, snack for the class, Saturday cake for her birthday, Sunday cake for her party. Oh, yea, and the cake I have to make for my baking group.. a lot right?  Yes, a lot.. so I came up with a very cute and relatively easy classroom snack that I though I would share with my wonderful readers. It is rice crispy treats on a stick, drizzled with chocolate and sprinkles.  The hardest and most messy part is rolling the rice crispy balls. I recommend you spraying your hands with  baking spray before getting into the sticky marshmallow mixture!!


RICE CRISPY TREATS ON A STICK


1/4 cup butter
1 bag mini marshmallows
8 cups rice crispys
1 cup semi sweet chocolate melted
sprinkles
popsicle sticks

Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat, add the bag of marshmallows, stir until melted. Add the rice crispys.. stir to coat. let mixture cool a few minutes before handleing.

spray your hands with pam, or any baking spray. grab some and roll into a ball, set on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. add sticks.





Melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals until melted. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate and sprinkle the sprinkles :)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! I love these and I'm certain the kids will as well. We can't bring homemade treats to my daughter's school (I think it goes for all schools in AZ). It's such a bummer. I understand the food allergy issue (heck, my daughter is a nut allergy kid) but there is just something so fun and wholesome about bringing homemade treats! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad I found your blog. Just from the recipes I see on your main page, I know I'm going to love your easy, everyday recipes! I'm a novice cook and am always looking for good ideas! Can't wait to read more.

erica said...

These are so cute and look amazing! I absolutely love your blog and am your newest follower!

xo

Post a Comment