Search Bliss n Tell

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

The girl scout cookies are back!



It's that time again... girl scout cookies are here! I know one thing, I am so glad these little girls only sell these cookies once a year. My husband bought 14 boxes this year, yes, you read that right 14 boxes. Most of which are samoas and thin mints of course. Thin mints in the freezer, yumm.. that is the best way to eat them!  I like to add a few boxes of the trefoils to the mix, I like to have them with my tea, but also, from a bakers perspective, they make a great base for a pie crust or other baking adventures. Which, brings me to this recipe.. a Trefoil Toffee.. I always like to make a toffee or a bark of some sort. It is a great treat to have around when company is coming. I read this recipe and thought..  brown sugar, chocolate, butter,  and  Trefolis, this is going to be a winner!  I cut the recipe in half because when I went to go make it,  more than half of  the box was already gone! Also, I  left out the nuts per the kids request :)

 If you are looking to use up some leftover girl scout cookies, you may have found  your yearly toffee recipe!



Trefoil Toffee

Recipe by Jennifer Laszlo
1/2 box Trefoils
1 c. Butter
1 c. Brown Sugar
12 oz. Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 c. Chopped Nuts


Line a 9 x13"  baking dish with aluminum foil and grease with butter or margarine.  Place a single layer of whole trefoils across the bottom of the prepared dish. In a saucepan, combine the butter and brown sugar and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring.  Continue to boil for 3 minutes.



  Slowly pour the syrup over the trefoils and spread gently to coat completely.

spread it out so it covers the cookies


  Bake at 350 for 7 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.

sprinkle

When the chips  have melted, spread the chocolate evenly over the top. Sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate until complete cool and set, then break into pieces.
spread





serve!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, pure heaven! ~ Courtney

Unknown said...

This looks amazing! You are featured in Calamity Kate's Kitchen Friendly Friday post!
Check it out at http://www.calamitykitchen.com/2011/03/friendly-friday-week-febuary-25th-to.html

Anonymous said...

I'm making this right now! A perfect Friday night treat! ~ Courtney

Unknown said...

Congrats on an awesome blog. I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. Check it out at http://www.calamitykitchen.com/2011/03/barefoot-pork.html

Post a Comment