Search Bliss n Tell

Friday, August 6, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Peppermint Patty Brownies

Photobucket

Here is how these brownies were born... My husband went to the store, and a few hours later he called me to say he was on his way home. He said "I have a surprise for you!" My response was pure excitement.. "you do, Yea!." Now, you know after 12 years of marriage there are not too many surprises coming my way! Waiting until he got home to see my surprise my mind started wandering.. Could it be flowers, maybe..probably.."well that's thoughtful." A gift card to Anthropologie? A clarisonic? ( yes, I really want one) A puppy ( Gavin is 16 mths, that is when I get my baby itch so I think I'll scratch it with a puppy this time.. ha) A diamond ring.. okay I'm thinking bigger and bigger .. He comes in the door, "what is it? I can't wait anymore!"



And folks, his intentions were really thoughtful because he knows how much I love...
Photobucket
yep.. Peppermint Patty's! Seriously, 5.4 LBS of peppermint Patty's? 175 Peppermint Patty's? I don't get men.. they want their women to be thin and yet they buy them a super size box of candy.. that you know I'll eat eventually:) Let's look at the good side: they are 70% less fat and The beauty Boost? Dark Chocolate baby!

So, I need to find ways to use them so they are not sitting in my pantry calling my name every night.. okay, and every day.. so I thought Brownies! Okay, I got rid of 10, 165 more to go!

Peppermint Patty Brownies
Nicole Kraft
bliss n tell

1 box of your favorite brownie mix ( prepare as directed)
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
10 Small peppermint patty's diced up

Photobucket

you know the drill, but in case you don't: mix the water, oil, eggs and brownie mix together.
Photobucket

add the diced peppermint patty's


Preheat the oven as DIRECTED ON THE BOX. Stir in the peppermint patty pieces
Bake as directed. 22 minutes does it in my oven.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment