Search Bliss n Tell

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Roasted Garlic

Photobucket


Garlic is known as a super food.. It has many health benefits and I like to include it in much of my cooking as it adds great flavor. One way of preparing it is roasting it. It is so easy and the result is amazingly tender, sweet and caramelized garlic cloves. I challenge you to think of all the ways you can use your roasted garlic. Garlic mashed potatoes, fire roasted garlic tomato sauce ( recipe soon to come)Roasted garlic bread...oh let me count the ways! Last night I added it to my balsamic vinegarette and it was so flavorful.. I also roasted cherry tomatoes alongside and threw them in the salad. I am obsessed with roasting, as you will learn from this blog. It brings all food to another level of BLISS!
Cooks note* Garlic may be stored in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for several days. To puree, crush garlic cloves with the flat of a knife.



Start with preheating the oven to 400 degrees
peel the outer layer of the garlic and cut the top of the garlic off
Photobucket
Wrap it up in some foil with a tablespoon of olive oil and a little salt. Make a foil "pouch"
Photobucket
Roast in directly on the oven rack at 400 for about 30 minutes
Photobucket

Squeeze out the cloves, they should come out so easy.. enjoy!

Garlic roasted balsamic vinegarette
Nicole Kraft
blissntell

2 cloves of your roasted garlic crushed
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
kosher salt to taste
black pepper to taste
Salad Supreme to taste( by McCormick in the spice isle) Give it a try.. it's a favorite!
Whisk together and drizzle over your favorite greens

No comments:

Post a Comment