Search Bliss n Tell

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Skinny Meatloaf




How many of you grew up eating meatloaf? I certainly did and although my mom was a great cook, meatloaf night was not my favorite. As an adult, I have grown to love meatloaf... I do not use ground beef normally, I always use ground turkey and put a lot of flavors in it, because turkey has much less flavor than ground beef, it is well, bland! So it needs a lot of dressing up :) My children love my turkey meatloaf, but I wanted to try a different recipe. I wanted to try a combination of ground sirloin and ground turkey. I searched around for a recipe and came up with a lower fat ( which we all like) recipe.

I did like the meatloaf, the sauce on top was good.. it's always nice to change things up a bit, that's how you grow as a cook. Next time I may put the sauce that goes on this meatloaf on my turkey meatloaf :)
Along side is some homemade mashed potatoes. Yum, this dinner is great on a cold night, true comfort food.. skinny style!


Skinny Meatloaf
Cuisine Light

3/4 lb. ground sirloin ( 95 % lean)
3/4 lb. ground turkey
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup grated onion
2 egg whites
3 T. skim milk
1T. worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. each of kosher salt and black pepper
1/3 cup ketchup
1T. yellow mustard
2 tsp. brown sugar

Oven set a 350

Combine both meats, bread crumbs,parsley, onions, egg whites, milk, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl using your HANDS to mix.



Transfer to a baking pan shaped in a loaf 9 x 5 (  I shape mine and put it on a cookie sheet)




 
Stir together ketchup, mustard. and brown sugar in a bowl, then spoon it on meatloaf.



Bake until instant read thermometer reads 160 about 1 hour. let rest 5 min. before slicing!
















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting Calamity Kate's this week.
Check it out, you are featured at Calamity Kate's Kitchen! Have a wonderful weekend!
http://www.calamitykitchen.com/2011/02/friendly-friday-week-febuary-18th-to.html

Post a Comment