Search Bliss n Tell

Friday, December 3, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

No Bake Cookies.. What?




Happy Friday Everyone! I hope all of you have great plans for the weekend! My weekend is filled with kids birthday parties, and my Stella & Dot trunk shows! It is another busy weekend! The good think is that I decorated the inside of my house for Christmas last weekend, so now all we need is the tree! Which, I am not so certain we will have time to get this weekend, but we may fit in a trip to sit on Santa's lap:)

The weather is really starting to get cold and feel like Christmas, and if you are getting in the spirit of the season, maybe you will use this recipe to kick of your cookie baking with this easy no bake cookie. I did not use peanut butter :( bummer, because I love LOVE it, but my son has a peanut allergy.. so, for those of you that bake these tell me how yummy they are with the peanut butter so I can dream of what they would taste like. They tasted really good with out it, so the peanut butter is an added bonus! I dusted the tops with a little powdered sugar. Enjoy!

Happy Baking!

Chocolate Oatmeal No bake Cookies


Adapted from cooks.com



2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter


Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in a saucepan. On medium heat, bring to a boil for one full minute. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter (optional), vanilla and oatmeal.

Drop by spoonful onto wax paper. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.


























No comments:

Post a Comment