Search Bliss n Tell

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Almost Christmas Quiche



Quiche is so great because you can make it for any meal of the day. It looks beautiful on a breakfast or brunch buffet, it's quick enough to whip up for friends coming over for lunch, and pair it with a side salad for dinner...

I'm super busy this week and needed a quick and healthy dinner for us. This quiche is low fat because I use an egg substitute ( you can use real eggs if you want) and low fat milk instead of cream. You can add any veggie and cheese pair, but today I used Romano Cheese for the salty bite, along with asparagus and sun dried to tomatoes for their sweet flavor.

Whatever meal you are making this for I am sure it will be a hit! The green of the asparagus and red of the sundried tomatoes make this my" Christmas Quiche." If you are vegetarian keep it as is.. if not add some browned spicy or mild sausage, ham or bacon to make it your Christmas morning Quiche!

Happy December 1st!






Christmas Quiche


Bliss n tell


1 small onion diced
2 T. butter
1/2 bunch asparagus chopped
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
1 cup egg substitute
1 cup low fat milk ( I used 1%) 
1/2 cup Romano cheese shredded
salt and pepper






Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the diced onions and asparagus, saute until onions are soft and fragrant. Set aside. Whisk the egg mixture, the milk and the shredded cheese together. Add salt and pepper. Toss in the sun dried tomatoes. Pour into prepared pie shell and bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until set.


* cooks note-- I like to bake my pie shell for 5 minutes at 425 before I pour in the egg mixture. Then I reduce the heat to 375 and bake off the quiche.





saute

shred your cheese

add cheese and sundried tomatoes to egg mixture

pour into pie shell

going into oven

out of oven




Want a slice?



Enjoy!












1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love love quiche and your looks great, nice recipe.

Post a Comment