Search Bliss n Tell

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Pumpkin Playdough



We all need to have a easy play-dough recipe on hand when 1. You need to get things done around the house and  need some quiet kiddies 2. The baby is napping and you need quiet kiddies. 3. You just need  NEED  quiet kiddies!! Well, this is an easy recipe that I have been using for all of my mommy days.

It requires no stove top!!! That is key! I never use the recipes that you heat up over the stove they are always a disaster! The pot always burns on the bottom and I have to soak it forever, and scrub, scrub, scrub! This play dough recipe does need some TLC, you do need to play around with the consistency and add more flour and drops of oil as needed.

In going with the fall theme, I decided to make this "pumpkin" color , I have to hand in one batch to preschool, and one for us to keep at home.. for that much needed quite time that every mom needs for
 whatever reason!

Playdough

bliss n tell

Microwave 2 cups water until HOT
dissolve 1/2 cup salt
add 1/2 jar cream of tartar

Mix in your food coloring with 1/4 cup of oil

add it to the water mixture and slowly mix in...

3+ cups of flour.. maybe even 4

knead the dough









No comments:

Post a Comment