Search Bliss n Tell

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Calling All Meat and Potato Lovers!



Here I am everyone with a really easy weeknight recipe. I think this is on the TOP of the easy list! Do you have a crock pot? If not, go out right now and buy one! A Crock pot is the next best thing to having a cook in your home, okay maybe not, but who doesn't like to have something cook all day and it's ready for you when you walk in the door. Also, it a one pot shot... one pot to clean! I really could not live with out my crock pot, especially in the winter.

This recipe I got from one of my favorite food blogs called "lick the bowl good". The pictures on this blog are so amazing, they make you drool.

Anyways, give this a try and go get a crock pot, it will be your best friend!




3 Pack Crock Pot Pot Roast

 Adapted from Lick The Bowl Good


1 beef roast, any kind, sized to fit your crock pot, I use Chuck Roast
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 package brown gravy mix, I used McCormick
1 package Italian dressing mix, I used Good Seasons
1/2 cup very warm water



Mix all packets in a bowl and rub some on top of the roast and pour the rest in the crock pot.


Add the 1/2 cup of warm water . That's It! Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.. I did  7 hours.


My gravy is thickened pan juices. I make a slurry with cornstarch and bring the pan juices to a boil, tasting to see if I need to add some pepper... the gravy is really, really good. This is comfort food at it's best:) 


* cooks note.. add potatoes to the crock pot and when the roast is done take the potatoes out and mash them, they will have great flavor from cooking with the roast all day.














2 comments:

Monica H said...

Ooh I'm going to have to make this again. We just love it and I'm glad you did too!

Anonymous said...

Always looking for great Crockpot recipes... may have to try this one. It sounds so good! ~ Courtney

Post a Comment