Search Bliss n Tell

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

my little pumpkin



Happy almost Halloween:)! I made this cake for the kids for when they came home from school today, let me say they were quite happy! They did fight over who ate the chocolate "stem" in the middle of the cake though. But overall, I got smiles all around.


This cake is made from a regular yellow cake mix and prepared in a bunt pan. I then make the homemade orange icing ( I will do a box cake, but I will not do canned icing!) and cover a ice cream cone with magic shell for the stem! Cute huh?




Pumpkin Cake

bliss n tell

1 yellow box cake mix ( prepared and baked as directed on the box)
Bunt pan

Bake cake for about 40 - 45 minutes in bunt pan at 350












Homemade Orange Icing


bliss n tell


4 cups of powdered sugar
2 T softened butter
1/4  to 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp. orange food coloring ( I use gel)

Add powdered sugar, butter and vanilla to mixing bowl, mix on a medium speed while adding the milk.. I used the full 1/2 cup to get my desired consistency... then add the food coloring. Mix well.. set aside















Chocolate "stem"

1 cake cone
1 bottle of magic shell

Pour magic shell to cover cake cone.
put in freezer until ready to use.





















* Note : my bunt pan has a wide center and the cone did not fit.. so I put another plain cone down in the center and the chocolate cone on top of that.












love it!









2 comments:

Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!? said...

Very cute!

The Sweetest Things said...

These recipes of yours look so delicious. Enjoying my stay here at your online home.Found you through visit our peeps widget☺ Have a blessed day.Enjoy country Living

Post a Comment