Search Bliss n Tell

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Arugula, Pear, Date & Manchego salad



Happy Memorial Day Weekend! I hope you all have wonderful plans with family and friends. I was debating my post, and was going to do a great pasta salad since I figured a lot of you will be going to cookouts, but I made this salad the other night and decided to share it instead.  First, I would like to say I know a lot of people don't care for dates.. I actually won't eat them alone, I only eat them in this salad and my cereal, but don't be scared to try them! They really give it a chewy and sweet taste and texture to the salad. You can certainly omit them if you like or substitute them for dried cranberries or golden raisins. You can also substitute the arugula for mixed greens if you like. However, their should be no substitution for the Manchego cheese! It gives it that wonderful salty bite and puts this salad over the top.

Arugula, Pear, Date and Manchego Salad

Bliss n Tell

1 bag Arugula
3 dates chopped
2 Bosc Pears sliced
1/4 cup toasted walnuts
 shaved Manchego cheese ( amount adjusted to your taste!)

Dressing:
 2T. extra virgin olive oil
1T. sherry vinegar ( or white wine vinegar)
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
a pinch of sugar

Toast the walnuts in a dry pan on medium heat until toasted-- only a few minutes
In Medium bowl add the vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar, whisk in the olive oil and pour over the salad and toss








No comments:

Post a Comment