Search Bliss n Tell

Monday, November 22, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

The Best part of waking up Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon whipped topping



With November winding down and Thanksgiving right around the corner, it is my last few weeks of preparing things with pumpkin... I am so glad I did not start baking with pumpkin till October, I did this on purpose because I can go a little Pumpkin crazy!
I just love it so much and to me, It's the BEST part about fall baking! I know I have said that 100 times. But, in the next few weeks, you better believe their will be some pumpkin recipes coming your way!

Okay, about the pancakes! WOW! They were so delicious and I made a huge batch and froze some so that the kids can have a delicious breakfast on thanksgiving morning.

I also made homemade cinnamon whipped cream and sprinkled them with pecans. My kids could not get enough, and of course they were fighting over the whipped cream...




Pumpkin Pancakes


 Adapted from All Recipes

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar

Directions

  1. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.


  1. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.









Cinnamon Whipped topping

bliss n tell

1 small container of whipping cream, 1/2 cup confectionery sugar, 1 tsp vanilla,1 tsp cinnamon

In your mixer, with the whisk attachment and a COLD mixing bowl, whip the whipping cream until it thickens and add the sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.



















No comments:

Post a Comment