Search Bliss n Tell

Monday, September 20, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Southwestern Chicken Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette

Photobucket

If there are two things I love it's salads and dessert. That sounds funny, I know...but I feel like if I have a good salad it's okay to indulge in a bit of dessert.. right?

Anyways, I love coming up with different salads and dressings.  I got inspired to create this dressing from a salad at the Nordstrom Cafe.. go figure! I happen to LOVE cilantro, but I do know that some people just don't like it. If you are one of those people than how about tossing this salad with a buttermilk ranch dressing? Hey, that sounds good! I may have to make it that way next time!

I layered this salad in rows and it made a nice display.. then your guests can pick what they want in the salad.

The chicken is prepared with a Chicken Taco seasoning packet ( as a rub)  and olive oil.. that is a big time shortcut for you  and a money saver as well. I mean if you were to buy all the spices that are in that little packet you would easily spend $20.. those little guys are almost $5 a pop!
 
I prepared this chicken on my indoor grill pan, a must buy!! You can make this a 2 meal chicken dish by coating a package of chicken with the rub and on night one eat it along with a Spanish rice and a veggie. Night 2 can be this salad! It's a bliss n tell twofer:)

Southwestern Chicken Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
bliss n tell

For the chicken:

Brush the chicken breasts with Olive Oil and press the chicken taco seasoning into the meat and place on your indoor or outdoor grill

here you have it-- that's all folks! easy!

Photobucket



Photobucket





For the salad:

Romaine lettuce
 2 grilled chicken breasts
black beans
corn
tomatoes
Avocado
Roasted red peppers
fresh cilantro for garnish and lime slices
* add red onion if you like
crushed tortilla strips
montery jack cheese shredded
Photobucket
















Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
bliss n tell


2 limes juiced



1/2 cup cilantro



2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar



1 tablespoon honey



1/2 cup Olive Oil



salt and pepper to taste











Blend it all up in a mini processor or blender

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yummmm, how about dessert now??











No comments:

Post a Comment