Search Bliss n Tell

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Zucchini Pie

About a month ago I met possibly the nicest people in the world... they are clients of my husband and wonderful people. People with that special quality that very few people have these days. People that are very similar to my own dear mother's unique quality to make everyone feel special and loved. Mike and Diane Alexander have been clients of my husband Eddie for years. Diane bakes us dozens of cookies of all types every year at Christmas. The other day she made us a loaf of friendship bread and gave us zucchini and cucumbers straight from the garden. The zucchini was the biggest I have ever seen!

Photobucket

Thank you Diane and Mike! With this giant zucchini I am going to share a recipe of my mothers, zucchini pie. It is a great dish to have on hand. It is versatile and would be a great as a brunch dish or dinner.




Zucchini Pie
Recipe by my angel mom MaryAnn Degnan

2/3cup onion diced
2 Cups diced zucchini
1tbs. butter
3 0z can diced green chilies
1 cup cheddar cheese
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup buttermilk biscuit mix ( Bisquick)
1tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup parmesan cheese


Photobucket

Saute onions and zucchini in a 1 tsp butter

Photobucket

add diced green chilies and stir

In a blender combine 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cup milk, 3/4 cup Bisquick, 1tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper

Photobucket

add veggies and 1 cup cheddar cheese to a pie plate

Photobucket

pour blended mixture over zucchini mixture


Photobucket

Sprinkle with 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Bake at 400 for 35 minutes stir after 15 minutes of cooking.

Sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment